Senior Environmental Consultant
Type & Hours:
Permanent and Full Time
ASAP – exact date to be agreed
Please Note: References will be taken up and all personnel will be subject to a Criminal Records Bureau (CRB) check
About Zeta Compliance Group
The Zeta Group operates in the area of health, safety and environmental compliance working with organisations to ensure they meet their legal commitment with respect to these important matters.
ZCS Water Division provides expertise in the specific areas of Legionella, employing consultants across the UK to survey buildings and report back to our clients.
This position within Zeta Services requires an enthusiastic, experienced water hygiene consultant with a strong customer focused bias. You will be asked to complete Legionella Risk Assessments and surveys on a range of very complex or bespoke systems and sites, including but not limited to:
- evaporative cooling systems
- process waters e.g. air scrubbing systems
- potable water
- air handling units
- hot and cold water systems
You should also be able to produce system schematic drawings of the systems you survey. Returning and completing reports (using MS office based packages) to agreed timescales is essential.
You should be able to act as the ‘lead risk assessor’ on a large or complex site such as a power station, petrochemical, pharmaceutical or food processing plants, as well as a hospital, university or local authority and you should have a good working knowledge of BS8580.
Being available to travel throughout the UK given reasonable notice including overnight stays is essential, as is working to agreed standards and deadlines at all times.
- Completing Legionella risk assessments, from the surveying of sites to the production of the risk assessment report
- Auditing and monitoring of complex or bespoke water systems for the purpose of producing an audit / monitoring report
- Audit and interpret complex system monitoring and maintenance data including water treatment data and microbiological sampling results
- Sampling of water systems in line with current guidelines
- Attending client consultative meetings on request, including the presentation of completed risk assessments
- Delivering internal and external ‘Legionella Awareness’ Training
- Uploading results to ZetaSafe2 (an internet based reporting system) using handheld PDA units
- Acting as a source of technical knowledge and practical experience; supporting less experienced colleagues and other group employees
Your experience is crucial to you successfully fulfilling this role and you will be asked to complete a questionnaire to determine your level of practical know-how and knowledge.
- City & Guilds BS004- Legionellosis – Hazard Identification and Risk Assessment of Water Systems 2005
- Qualifications demonstrating a good command of English and Mathematics are required
- Membership of the Water Management Society with a track record of completing WMS courses showing Continuous Professional Development
- A ‘levels or other Further Education qualifications
- Significant demonstrable experience gained in the field of Water Hygiene Consultancy
- Extensive Legionella site-related experience gained on complex and bespoke systems; including the risk assessment and auditing of cooling towers
- Good PC skills including a good understanding of MS Office suite (e.g. Word and Excel)
- You should be comfortable working with the Internet
Salary: Subject to experience. Paid on or before the 25th of each month
Holidays: 20 days per annum (progressively rising to 30 days after 12 years)
• You will be eligible to join the company stakeholder scheme after three months of continuous employment
• After you have successfully passed your probationary position the company will make contributions on your behalf: £100 or 3% per month of your basic pay – whichever is the greater
The company offers a salary sacrifice scheme which maximises your personal contributions and offsets tax.
Private Healthcare: You will be eligible to join the company private healthcare scheme after six months of continuous employment. This scheme is operated by AXA and is considered a benefit in kind with regard to P11D definitions.
Death in Service: You will be eligible for the company’s death in service scheme after six months of continuous employment. This scheme provides four times your basic pay to your estate should you die while employed.
Working Hours: 37.75 hours per week: Monday-Thursday 08.45 – 17.30, Friday: 08.45 – 16.30
However this is a salaried position and a degree of flexibility will be expected to meet client needs and deadlines
Company Car: Company vehicle will be provided.
Travel Expenses: All travel expenses will be reimbursed in line with Inland Revenue limits
Business Equipment and Communication: Mobile phone and laptop computer supplied