Type & Hours:
Permanent and Full Time
ASAP – exact date to be agreed
Please Note: References will be taken up and all personnel will be subject to a Criminal Records Bureau (CRB) check
About Zeta Compliance Group
The Zeta Group operates in the area of health, safety and environmental compliance working with organisations to ensure they meet their legal commitment with respect to these important matters.
ZCS Water Division provides expertise in the specific areas of Legionella, employing consultants across the UK to survey buildings and report back to our clients.
Zeta Services is seeking an enthusiastic, experienced water hygiene consultant with a strong customer focused bias. You will be asked to complete Legionella Risk Assessments and surveys on a range of domestic hot and cold water systems and sites, including but not limited to:
- Retail units
- Pubs and hotels
- University campuses
- Local authority properties
You should also be able to produce system schematic drawings of the systems you survey. Returning and completing reports (using MS office based packages) to agreed timescales is essential.
Being available to travel throughout the UK given reasonable notice including overnight stays is essential, as is working to agreed standards and deadlines at all times.
- Completing Legionella Risk Assessments, from the surveying of sites to the production of the risk assessment report
- Auditing and monitoring of domestic hot and cold water systems for the purpose of producing an audit/monitoring report
- Preparation of on-site schematic sketches
- Sampling of water systems in line with current guidelines
- Attending client consultative meetings on request
- Uploading results to ZetaSafe2® (an internet based reporting system) using handheld PDA units
- Deliver implementation and training of ZetaSafe®
- Deliver internal and external Legionella Awareness Training
Your experience is crucial to you successfully fulfilling this role and you will be asked to complete a questionnaire to determine your level of practical know-how and knowledge.
A good command of English and Mathematics
Membership of the Water Management Society with a track record of completing WMS courses showing Continuous Professional Development
A ‘levels or other Further Education qualifications
- Demonstrable risk assessment experience gained in the field of Water Hygiene
- Good PC skills including a good understanding of MS Office suite (e.g. Word, Excel, Outlook and PowerPoint)
- You should be comfortable working with the internet
Salary: Subject to experience. Paid on or before the 25th of each month
Holidays: 20 days per annum (progressively rising to 30 days after 12 years)
• You will be eligible to join the company stakeholder scheme after three months of continuous employment
• After you have successfully passed your probationary position the company will make contributions on your behalf: £100 or 3% per month of your basic pay – whichever is the greater
The company offers a salary sacrifice scheme which maximises your personal contributions and offsets tax.
Private Healthcare: You will be eligible to join the company private healthcare scheme after six months of continuous employment. This scheme is operated by AXA and is considered a benefit in kind with regard to P11D definitions.
Death in Service: You will be eligible for the company’s death in service scheme after six months of continuous employment. This scheme provides four times your basic pay to your estate should you die while employed.
Indicative 37.75 hours per week: Monday-Thursday 08.45 – 17.30, Friday: 08.45 – 16.30
However, this is a salaried position and a degree of flexibility will be expected to meet client needs and deadlines
Weekend working would be expected as required by client’s needs. Overtime is paid where worked
Company Car: Company vehicle will be provided.
Travel Expenses: All travel expenses will be reimbursed in line with Inland Revenue limits
Business Equipment and Communication: Mobile phone and laptop computer supplied
Business equipment and communication: Lap-top and android phone