Water Hygiene Technician
Type & Hours:
Permanent and Full Time
ASAP – exact date to be agreed
Please Note: References will be taken up and all personnel will be subject to a Criminal Records Bureau (CRB) check
About Zeta Compliance Group
The Zeta Group operates in the area of health, safety and environmental compliance working with organisations to ensure they meet their legal commitment with respect to these important matters.
ZCS Water Division provides expertise in the specific areas of Legionella, employing consultants across the UK to survey buildings and report back to our clients.
ZCS Fire Division operates from Manston, Kent; while ZCS Water and the group head office is located on the outskirts of Bicester, Oxfordshire.
ZCS are seeking talented and enthusiastic individuals to be part of our dynamic and expanding Water Hygiene team. Specialising in the growing area of water systems monitoring and other rapid turnaround operations, responding to client’s urgent requirements across a number of disciplines and ensuring that necessary works are able to be successfully completed even under challenging circumstances.
You will become a skilled and dependable technician specialising in rapid response services and monitoring in the Water division of our business. Your key responsibilities will include water services monitoring & inspection, sampling of water systems for bacteria such as Legionella and Pseudomonas Aeruginosa, reactive water hygiene services such as water system disinfections or descales and on site microbiology services.
You will be required to work positively and sensitively with our key clients sometimes under pressurised situations or where it has not been possible to make all arrangements with the site prior to your visit and they are not expecting you. You will need to be able to work independently and be able to quickly solve problems to ensure that work can be completed and safely so. You will be smartly presented at all times, punctual and highly dependable.
Whilst the majority of work should be within daily travel from your home base, travel throughout the UK, with overnight stays, is part of the job. A full driving licence is essential. Most importantly we are looking for someone energetic, keen to learn, flexible and who relishes the challenges of a dynamic environment, problem solving and has passion for customer service.
- Water systems monitoring including temperature checks and inspections to ACOP-L8 guidelines and uploading of results to ZetaSafe using a mobile device
- Taking water samples for microbiological analysis in line with BS7592
- Water systems disinfections and / or descaling of plant and showers
- Cooling tower cleans (as part of a team)
- Flushing of water systems
- Attending client site meetings on request
- Regular return of all paperwork to agreed timescales
- To work to agreed standards and deadlines at all times
You should have English and Maths at GCSE level
- Experience in water hygiene operations is essential
- Good PC skills including a good understanding of MS Office suite (e.g. Word, Excel, Outlook and PowerPoint)
- You should be comfortable working with the internet
Salary: Subject to experience. Paid on or before the 25th of each month
Grade: Grade 18
Holidays: 20 days per annum (progressively rising to 30 days after 12 years)
• You will be eligible to join the company stakeholder scheme after three months of continuous employment
• After you have successfully passed your probationary position the company will make contributions on your behalf: £100 or 3% per month of your basic pay – whichever is the greater
The company offers a salary sacrifice scheme which maximises your personal contributions and offsets tax.
Private Healthcare: You will be eligible to join the company private healthcare scheme after six months of continuous employment. This scheme is operated by AXA and is considered a benefit in kind with regard to P11D definitions.
Death in Service: You will be eligible for the company’s death in service scheme after six months of continuous employment. This scheme provides four times your basic pay to your estate should you die while employed.
Indicative 37.75 hours per week: Monday-Thursday 08.45 – 17.30, Friday: 08.45 – 16.30
However, this is a salaried position and a degree of flexibility will be expected to meet client needs and deadlines
Weekend working would be expected as required by client’s needs. Overtime is paid where worked
Company Car: Company vehicle will be provided.
Travel Expenses: All travel expenses will be reimbursed in line with Inland Revenue limits
Business Equipment and Communication: Mobile phone and laptop computer supplied
Business equipment and communication: Lap-top and android phone